The second round of the Australian Rally Championship is just a few days away, I am leaving a few days earlier this year as I have a job in Perth on Sunday shooting the Weetbix Kids Try series for SuperSport Images, I then head straight down to Busselton, my work doesnt start until Tuesday so on Sunday afternoon I plan to head down to Yallingup which is south of Busso, I went there a few years ago and it was the most surreal experience, the sunset was amazing and with absolutely nobody around I was at peace with nature, sounds deep but I have never had an experience like it.
Going on a rally means I need to make sure I have all the gear I could possibly need with me, but I tend to have the ‘just incase’ gear, the ‘essential’ gear and some of the ‘I might try that’ gear, for my overseas trips this year I need to consolidate a few of these items :).
Below is most of my gear layed out, I also have a set of Neutral Density Lee Filters and Tiffen Filters, the Olympus OM-D EM-1 with Olympus 12mm Prime which was used to make the image and I need to try and fit it all in the ThinkTank Photo Urban Disguise 50 V2 on loan from my good friend and wedding/motorsport photographer Matt Mead, along with the LowerPro Protrecker 400, I am sure I can make it work somehow 😉 I also have another bag with 2 other tripods, Manfrotto clamps, suction cups, magic arms and heavy gear which I leave with one of the Rally Teams permanentely on their truck.
Here is a shot of the gear.
1. Olympus 75mm Prime & Olympus 12-40 2.8
2. My GPS which has so much rally information stored in it I would be lost without it
3. Manfrotto 054 MAGNESIUM BALL HEAD
4. 3 Legged Thing X1.1 BRIAN 5 SEC CARBON FIBER
5. ThinkTank Photo Memory Card Wallet with 12 16GB Sandisk Extreme CF Cards
6. 5D MarkIII Battery
7. (4) Extra 1DX Batteries
8. (2) Pocket Wizard remote trigger cables
9. (24) AA Batteries
10. Go Pro Hero 3+ Black Edition
11. Go Pro Hero 3 Black Edition
12. (4) Pocket Wizard Plus III Transceiver
13. Canon 1DX
14. Canon 1DX
15. Canon 5D Mark III
16. Canon 50mm f1.2L
17. Canon 24-70mm f2.8L II
18. Canon 70-200mm f2.8L IS II
19. Canon ST-E3
20. (4) Canon 600EX Speedlites
21. Go Pro Battery Pack
22. Go Pro housing
23. Go Pro Suction Cup Mount
24. Canon 300mm f2.8L I
25. Canon 14mm f2.8L
26. Canon 16-35mm f2.8L II
27. Cooling plate base for my laptop
28. Sony Vaio 13′ Laptop with 1TB Samsung 840EVO SSD
29. 256GB Samsung SSD duplicate of HDD in Laptop as backup
30. Variuous cables and bits and pieces including the Lexar USB 3.0 CF SD Card Reader, Internet Wifi USB stick
31. As above
32. (3) WD 2TB External Hard Drives
33. Apple iPad Mini
34. AudioFly Headphones
35. SanDisk 64GB CONNECT WIRELESS MEDIA DRIVE with an Additional SanDisk EXTREME SDHC CLASS 10 (45MB/s) 32GB
Along with this I have a duffle for my clothes and anything else I can cram in :), wet weather gear for my cameras, a small screw driver toolkit for minor repairs, cleaning gear and anything that I dont need to have in my carry-on.
I have just 4 weeks to go till I leave the country for 2 months, so over the next 4 weeks I will be increasing the flow of content, make sure you follow me on instgram @michaelatvettasmedia, on Twitter @VettasMedia and on Facebook
You must be logged in to post a comment.